


I'm in Ontario right now, so no access to Photoshop, but I've been working a Sherlock Holmes type thingy (There's a movie coming out where iron man goes back in time and solves mysteries with jude law, so that's probably where i got this from). I got this far before realizing that i totally did not come up with Sherlock Holmes by myself. Maybe this is a problem. Maybe this can be his cousin. or something. anyways feedback is always welcome. maybe someone can tell me one way or another whether i should even bother with an already established character. has there ever been a sherlock holmes cartoon? I get back on the the 5th of june, so i'll have a day to throw everything together and submit before the deadline.
Sherlock Hound by Hayao Miyazaki. One of the best cartoon ever.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I like to think of it as "Chaplin goes back in time with a robot male prostitute to solve mysteries. EXPLOSION."
ReplyDeleteI don't think Holmes' character is public domain... Although an inept relative of Holmes' could be funny as well. Or a jealous overshadowed rival detective who tries to model himself after Holmes but there are things that he just doesn't get right. Or you could have a mouse detective who lives at 221 1/2 Baker Street --oops, nevermind.
Sorry for the lack of anything constructive! :D
There has been a Sherlock cartoon dude, not just the miyazaki one either. The important thing to think about is what type of character you want, not if he's got the name sherlock. Your character can be young or old, bumbling or smart. It's really up to you.
ReplyDelete