Here are a couple of thingers that I doodled up. The first one... There's something about it that's not quite right to me. Any help would be awesome. 8D And the second one, I dunno. XD It randomly came to me... I guess because dragons are awesome and I'm excited for Up! I thought it might be cute. Something like "In a world where everyone knows dragons are extinct, how can Boris* expect to survive?" except more... RIVETING.

*The name is also a work in progress.
Love the library one Chelsea...not too sure about the dragon one though.
ReplyDeleteThere's been a few childrens cartoons on treehouse about dragons of some sort...
but he is SO cute though :)
I like the library too. The bunny is so cute!!
ReplyDeleteHmm...well, like Don said, you don't want to overload in composition but I was thinking that it would be cool if you maybe had like a big poster of some kind on the back of that library truck (facing us) becuase to me, it seems like it's just this big black empty block in the middle of your illustration.
ReplyDeleteIt could be a fancy-shmacy cool looking poster that reflects your show's time era (I'm thinking of Bug's Life for some reason). BUT then again, you already have text so you don't to really want to distract the viewer...maybe it could say "NOW OPEN" or "ALWAYS OPEN" or "50% OFF SALE!!!" lol
and for some reason, I imagine the poster color to be pink...(but don't listen to me, I don't know color)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThanks guys! :D Haha, I guess there are too many dragon shows already. x) Darn!
ReplyDeleteI did actually originally have a poster there but I couldn't make it look quite right no matter how many times I tried, lol. I shall try again though because now that you say that, I agree; it does just look like a big dark space. d:
You might want to draw in the hands holding both books. The Judges will nitpick you on that for sure! Great job otherwise though!
ReplyDeleteAnother thing, I was reading a John K. article about color theory and how the sky doesn't always have to be colored a generic blue. He's got some awesome examples, check it out:
ReplyDeletehttp://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2006/10/color-theory-look-at-sky-before-you.html
Will do! Thanks! :D
ReplyDeleteAhhh, but what if I had a reason for making the sky blue? (other than... I like it? 8D)
FOR YOU SEE, if one were to delve deeper into the story of Wiggles, one would fing out that his desire is to become a part of the high society crowd. From a design point of view, I gave all the high class characters cool colours, whereas Wiggles and Lettice are all warm colours. So by having Wiggles holding his book up by the blue sky, he is... I dunno, pointing to his hopeful future or something.
It's like symbolism! lol, lame I know. BUT LOGICAL.
Cause knowledge is POWER!
ReplyDeleteand then at the end of the series when he realizes that the high life isn't all it cracked up to be, he can return to lower society and then realize how gorgeous the sky looks with warmer colors, sitting, starring, feeling at peace with his place in the world...
ReplyDeletejust kidding, you don't have to listen to me. Same with the color suggestions, I just thought I'd mention it. And the symbolism isn't lame, it's actually really cool.
AND LOGICAL.
Hi! I'm pretty sure I haven't mentioned before: I loved Wiggles (especially his fiery hair -- how could he be anything other than warm colours? :D ) and most of your character designs for this concept.
ReplyDeleteThe fact that he seems to be shouting to empty streets brings me down a bit though. Adding a crowd miiiight make it too ...haha, crowded but perhaps a few opened windows? I, um, uh well. I dunno.
Books are my happiness! MAKE THIS SHOW! What's it called anyway? Wiggles the wandering librarian?
Aww! d: The grass is always greener... Or in thes case, the sky is always bluer. And I'm sorry! I hope I didn't come off as being all NO IT MUST BE THIS WAY; thanks for the link! That's a neat entry. :p
ReplyDeleteHehe, thanks Reetta! x) I haven't thought of a name for it yet! That why I was glad that the name is optional, haha.
ffff, thanks for all of your comments, guys! X)