Monday, June 1, 2009

Concrete Jungle

Hey guys! Feedback is welcome, especially regarding the title. Titling things is not my forte.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!

    Everything is well balanced and the color scheme is spot on! ( actually those eyebrows at the top are a bit too long for my liking.. i don't think you should have them going right to the edges)

    Very cute characters and simple to animate-you really get the idea across!

    Good stuff!



    I have to get mine in soon, been trying to color the damn things..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors! I love it completely, actually! The color scheme and the giant old koala face remind me of Apocalypse Now! :D Maybe, just maybe, I'd remove the clouds - or is that war paint?! <3
    Sorry, I'm useless with the title. HECK I'D JUST CALL IT "KUNG FU KOALAS" (though that idea is good only in my own head because the rest of the world will just go, "Kung Fu Panda")

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I got the feeling of Kung Fu Panda when I looked at it (maybe becuase I just saw the film for the first time 2 nights ago and it was GREAT). I know they're making a squeal but I heard that they were planning on turning it into a TV series too. In that case, I'm afraid you might be under a bit of a competition becuase the ideas feel similar to me.

    But good god, your color scheme is super pretty. I want to eat it. and OHHH! I just realized that the master Koala's face in the sky actually has those long white sensei beards and mustache! Was it just me or was that not instantly readable? I'd make the ends of those mustache tails a little bigger and rounder so you can see that it's hair hanging from his face, not just mysterious white objects in the background. Or maybe there could be a bit of shade so you can see the contrast and understand it's not apart of the background (but like I said, maybe I'm the only one who didn't get that at first glace).

    And finally, I'd make kung fu koala's right eye a little bigger like you did with the girl. Maybe even push the expressions with the eye brows but that's just me. Otherwise I hate you and your digital coloring skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! Would you believe that the similarity to Kung Fu Panda didn't occur to me until I was completely done? Kind of disappointing, but eh.

    Reetta, my first title idea was "Koala Fu". Like I said, not my forte. I dunno, maybe I should make them karate or taekwondo koalas instead...

    ReplyDelete
  5. KOALA FU SOUNDS AWESOME!!! But I think there's a show already called Skunk-Fu...but Koala-Fu sounds so much cooler

    ReplyDelete