
Okay so here's my pitch idea. This originally came from a comical paradical idea I had from my soon-to-be published (well Book I anyway) series, which I nursed along and then turned into this, which has almost no relation to my original idea. (Which never would of worked because nobody would of understood the context without reading my books.)
So... anyway, the 'cryptic' refers to the word 'cryptozoology' which is of course the study of various beasties which may or may not exist such as sasquatch and Nessie. I'm sure you can guess that that's what the story revolves around; aka, meeting these creatures and of course perhaps foiling those who would mean them ill. At the same time, Prof. Kain is trying to prove their existance, except him and his best friend who's a sasquatch screw up a lot. His sasquatch buddy is also constantly pretending to be a human student at the university, which he's really bad at and they have a chupacabra for a pet. (Chupacabras being mutated hairless coyotes basically.) There's also a biology prof in florals that dislikes Kain, calling him a 'crackpot' and she likes trying to get Kain fired. Luckily, the dean is fairly oblivious to their wars, as he's obsessed with watching competitive tennis.
Between Charlie's failed escapades at looking human, the chupacabra sensing the approach of nepharious CIA agents, the usual cast of students who think Kain's class is fake, aliens who want Kain to be an ambassador for them as well as do their errands and the biology prof. trying to get Kain fired, he has his work cut out for him!
So anyway that's my pitch. Unfortunately I don't have any more time to work on this, so I can't really do anything more with it. Originally I was going to have more character designs involved, but if I had gone with that there wouldn't of been enough negative space in my opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment